Randomeanderings: Useful and useless things, random assorted ideas and general waffle

My photo
Part time poet, full time librarian, student of the delights of milk chocolate. Likes books, milk, paddling, poetry, scribbling, chocolate, notebooks, sea, piers. Not necessarily in that order. All work copyright cih.

Saturday 18 April 2015

Shallow Grave revisited

It's that time of year when the landlady remembers we exist and visits the flat, points out that we don't do enough vaccuuming and dusting (she's right, we don't) and rearranges the furniture to suit some cosmic plan that only she knows.

Except that today there is a further purpose to the visit.  My flatmate of almost a year is moving out and we are going to be interviewing a candidate for the vacant room (or at least my landlady will be interviewing, I am just there to see what I think of the interviewee).  I won't have a say in whether or not the person gets to  move in, but I do get to offer my opinion after they have left.  Judging by previous experience this will be completely ignored. 

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to turn up for the flatmate interview but then I remember.

This time I am planning on leaving too.

...and forewarned is forearmed.

So learning suitable answers to tricky interview questions will prove useful.  Or what not to say.

Now it's time to do some listening.

...and hope it doesn't turn into that flatmate interview situation from Shallow Grave.  If you haven't seen it, look on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.