Randomeanderings: Useful and useless things, random assorted ideas and general waffle

My photo
Part time poet, full time librarian, student of the delights of milk chocolate. Likes books, milk, paddling, poetry, scribbling, chocolate, notebooks, sea, piers. Not necessarily in that order. All work copyright cih.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Hope Floats

Watching films like Hope Floats, I get the feeling that there is something out there, that love is real, and that all things are possible..  Then I look round, focus on my self and realise that I'm a 36 year old spinster in a world where all my friends are attached.  If there is something out there, it certainly isn't headed my way.

Why not?  Am I too cynical?  Probably, although the people who know me well are aware that it is just a defence mechanism.  Maybe I lack self confidence. Maybe you haven't tried to get to know me. Maybe my exterior repulsed you. Maybe you weren't interested in the first place.

I'm fussy too.  I want someone I like.  Looking at online dating sites was an eye opener.  It appears that the men out there, who were (at best) rather average looking believed that they deserved to a statuesque female with a large bank balance and an even larger bust, and wouldn't consider anything less.  I find it unlikely that a Pamela Anderson look-alike will be trawling through the lonely hearts searching for a man, but I have been wrong before. 

Personally I think I will just carry on as I am, and hope that I'll meet the right person somewhere - because after all, Hope Floats